Sports fanatics and foodies alike are gearing up for the biggest sports day of the year: Super Bowl Sunday. With more than 100 million viewers snacking their way through the game (and the award-winning commercials), party hosts are planning crowd-cheering dishes to score big points with their guests.
So what will be at your party? Our playbook has a few strategic options for your gameday feast using the Kensington dining table and server. It’s perfect for buffet-style tailgating or anxious game-time grazing, or for pulling up chairs for club-level dining. Prepare for Super Bowl XLVI with:
- Buffalo wings. On Super Bowl weekend, Americans are expected to eat 1.25 billion chicken wings, or 100 million pounds of them, according to the National Chicken Council. Make your tantalizing wings ahead of time, put them in a crockpot and plug them into the Kensington server.
- Barbecue sandwiches, displayed on the dining table are easy to grab and gobble down without taking your eye off of the action. Add chips and dips or Lobster Rolls and Boston Baked Beans for New England Patriots fans.
- New York style pizza will be popular with New York Giants fans, but the Patriots will want their pizza topped with their regional favorite, lobster.
- Chowder, whether it’s the Manhattan Clam Chowder for the New York crowd or thick and creamy New England Clam Chowder, will stay hot plugged into the server and make a tasty addition to your menu.
- Cupcakes are perfect for Super Bowl snacking and can easily be decorated with the team colors. Treat the Patriots fans to a regional favorite like Vermont Maple Spice cupcakes and the Giants fans to Magnolia Bakery Vanilla cupcakes. Delicious New York Cheesecake and Boston Cream Pie will all score extra points.
- And don’t forget the drinks. Cold refreshing beer, either Samuel Adams for the Patriots or Brooklyn Beer for the Giants, are good for the starting lineup. You can serve other non-alcohol options on the server.
Kensington, with a dark Java finish, is sized to fit starter homes, second homes or retirement lifestyle homes with smaller playing fields. The Kensington Server features a heat- and water-resistant granite countertop designed for hot foods and cold drinks. Score extra points when you plug your appliances into the hidden A/C outlet. Then use the removable felt lined flatware storage drawer and storage shelves to stow out-of-season equipment.
Check out our All-Pro dining team by clicking here.